Hunter’s Safety Classes
Williams has been holding hunter safety classes since the 1950’s and have taught thousands of students. We have Michigan DNR certified instructors to teach. As part of the 2 day class, students will need to pass a written test and also perform safe firearm handling while in class with the instructor.
- 2 day course
- Dress for weather. You will be inside and outside (layers are recommended)
- Bring something to sit on for while you are outside.
- Ammunition and immaturity DO NOT MIX.
- We reserve the right to not certify anyone that will not be a safe hunter.
- $10 non-refundable registration fee
- Must attend both days
- Must participate in class
- DO NOT bring firearms, ammo, knives or anything of that nature.
- We will provide everything you need to succeed. All you need is your mind.
- Bring your own lunch both days
This course was designed to give beginning hunters a hands on experience while educating safe knowledgable hunters.
List of current H.S. Classes
Williams is excited to announce the return of our 2020 Hunter Safety Classes. We are only offering Field Day classes which means the students must pass the Michigan DNR online course before attending the Williams Field Day.
There is ONLY online registrations and Williams will NOT be able to register students in person or over the phone.
2020 Field Day Class Schedule
Class 1: September 26th – 8am to 12pm
Class 2: September 26th – 1pm to 5pm
Class 3: September 27th – 8am to 12pm
Class 4: September 27th – 1pm to 5pm
Class 5: October 3rd – 8am – 12pm
Class 6: October 3rd – 1pm to 5pm
Class 7: October 4th – 8am to 12pm
Class 8: October 4th – 1pm to 5pm
Cost to attend $10.00 (associated with the class to cover cost of materials). All classes will be held outside following social distancing requirements. Please dress for the weather!
- Do not bring Guns, Bows or Knives to class.
- Lunch is not provided
- Students under 10, a parent must be with them during class.